Customs User Fee Changes Effective Jan 1, 2018
11/27/2017 11:51 am
Customs COBRA User Fees changes effective January 1, 2018
Various changes to user fees within the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) of 1985 will take effect on January 1, 2018. This is in pursuant to the CBP Final Rule (82 FRN 50523) and the General Notice (82 FRN 50659) published November 1, 2017.
The following changes will be in the ACE Production environment by November 30, 2017. The changes will be effective for transactions with an entry date of Januarty 1, 2018 or later.
- The Merchandise Processing Fee (MPF) minimum and maximum for formal entries (class code 499) will change:
- The minimum from $25 to $25.67
- The maximum from $485 to $497.99
- The MPF ad valorem rate of 0.3464% will NOT change
- The Informal MPF (class code 311) will change to $2.05.
- The dutiable mail fee (class code 496) will change to $5.65.
- The surcharge for manual entry or release will change to $3.08
If you have any questions or need assistance please contact us directly at Info@customizedbrokers.net