Honduras Wood-Packing Material Pallet Marking Regulations
05/09/2011 04:29 pm
Below is a follow-up to the wood-packing material issue from Honduras in March. Please see the below information for compliant marking and a list of facilities approved to fumigate wood-packing material in Honduras.
ISPM 15 compliant mark
An example of a stamp used on wood-packaging material to indicate ISPM 15 compliance
An ISPM 15 compliant mark must include:
- IPPC certification symbol.
- XX: represents the two letter ISO country code (e.g. AU for Australia, US for United States, NZ for New Zealand, GB for United Kingdom).
- 00: represents the unique certification number issued to NPPOs (regulating agencies that oversee the individual wood packaging manufacturers). Inclusion of this certification number ensures that the wood-packaging material can be traced back to the NPPO/auditing agency.
- 1111: represents the unique certification number issued to the treatment provider and/or manufacturer. Inclusion of this certification number ensures that the wood-packaging material can be traced back to the treatment provider and/or the manufacturer.
- YY: represents the treatment applied to the wood packaging material:
- HT is the code for heat treatment to a minimum of 56°C (133°F) for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- MB is the code for methyl bromide fumigation.
- DUN: represents the code for when the solid wood material is used for dunnage. The "DUN" dunnage code is not applied to manufactured wood packaging, only loose lumber/timbers to help secure products being shipped.
The ISPM 15 compliant stamp may include further information as producers and suppliers may choose to include additional information for identification purposes.
The following link provides all of the approved facilities to fumigate wood packing materials in Honduras: